Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 01:08:11 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mktemp() patch

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> Instead of using only alphabetic characters, the patch uses the following
> character set:
>
> 0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz@#%^-_=+:,.~
>
> which is not believed to cause any problems with shells. The PID is also

Huh? # does not cause problems? : does not cause problems?

Mind you, shells don't have problems with any character at all in a
filename if they are properly written, but if you are expecting the
filenames generated by mktemp() to be handled by shell, they ought to
pass the

IFS=':'; for file in $filelist

test.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)

dcs@newsguy.com
dcs@freebsd.org
capo@yet.another.bsdconspiracy.org

	Hmmm - I have to go check this. My reality assumptions are shattered.