Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 00:04:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Dave Hummel <HUMMDN36@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: normal ftp blah blah

Oooh, I am sticking my head out on this one!

On Sat, 8 Feb 1997, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> 	i thinnk that this is a very good idea.  we need a volunteer
> 	to step froward and moderate the list  (i cant devote the
> 	time to do the list justice.)

My only gripe here is:  What's -questions material vs. -newbie material?
Having duplication here makes things sticky for us support folks (what to
promote?  What not?) and confuses things for the users (now, which list
does this belong to?  Let's try both!).  This may have to be worked out in
time.

I can see the volunteer quoting Nemeth and juicy bits from the Handbook
to keep things lively...

OK, fine.  I'll volunteer.  This means splitting time between -questions
and this, so if -newbies gets too busy -questions gets it.  (Oh, and I'm
_not_ suggesting we call the list -newbie.)

> 		should be familiar with majordomo (not-critical).

Run my own majordomo, so I'm familiar with the proceudre.  I'll have to go
rip off approve from it.

> 		should be experienced with FreeBSD, so as to be able
> 		to distinuish the newuser questions from the more
> 		interesting ones that may arise (critical)

Well, we'll let the questions archives speak for that one and leave the
idea of an "interesting one" undefined.

> 		should be willing to augment the FAQ with the results
> 		of the mailing list  (near-critical to critical)

I would amend this to submitting updates to the FAQ Maintainer.  This way
everyone keeps their feet to themselves.

> 		have an account on freefall (desireable)

This could be fixed if it was a priority.

> 		be on very good terms with the doc folks and have
> 		commit privileges.....

I _think_ the doc people like me.  :)