Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 22:06:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a better idea for package dependencies

On Tue, 9 May 2000, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 06:30:17PM -0400, Kenneth Wayne Culver wrote:
> > Actually, it has to do with the pkg_ commands, which I believe are built
> > when you make world...
>
> yes.
>
> > and aren't part of the ports,
>
> And are only used for Ports.  Thus their behavior defines the behavior of
> the Ports Collection.  Thus it is a Ports issue.  IF the pkg_* utils were
> ports, how would you install them??

Oh, will you get off it?  Finally someone posts something about a
*technical* issue, it's got at least some reasonable claim to be on the
list (it's sure involving sysinstall, if obliquely) and it's not giving a
lot of noise.

There must be better things to complain about.  I could offer you maybe a
dozen if you're not feeling particularly investigatory right now.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.