Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:58:48 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Douglas A. Maske" <maske@maske.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Open relay problems Sendmail 8.11.4 FreeBSD 4.3

OK - well I guess that my next question is "what changes did you make
to Sendmail after installation"

I just 2 days ago built another mailserver for a customer using a
generic FreeBSD 4.3 release install and the out-of-the-box sendmail,
and that one did not permit relaying.  In fact it didn't even allow
relaying from hosts in it's own domain, out of the box.  I had to
put in the internal subnet into the access file to get it to relay.

One thing that I will say is that I didn't mess with relay-domains,
I've tried using that with other systems and I don't think that it
works right, or at least it doesen't work like you think.  I've always
just used the access file to control relaying.