Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:47:30 -0500
From:      "Sexton, Robert" <sextonr.crestvie@squared.com>
To:        pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCO Filesystem

It depends on which SCO filesystem you mean.  They support the older SysV
filesystem, with 1k and 2k blocks, but they introduced the Acer
Filesystem a few releases ago.  I think its a SysV filesystem with
enhancements to the block layout techniques, as well as support for long
filenames and symlinks.  As for as a I know, its proprietary.  I don't
recall ever seeing a technical description of the design in print.
	Things get worse, because they introduced two new filesystems in the new
release, the DTFS (Desktop filesystem), which includes compression, and
HTFS (High Throughput).  One of these includes journaling, I forget
which.  Once again, I'd be suprised if they weren't proprietary.

	Robert Sexton