Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:48:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>
Cc:        scrappy@hub.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG, pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org, andreas@klemm.gtn.com, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG, hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: [PORTS] Pgaccess doesn't run on -current anymore, Update

On 25-Mar-98 Bruce Momjian wrote:

> One other solution is to make a symbolic link from libtcl8.1.so to
> libtcl.so, and when you upgrade tcl, you update the symbolic link so
> libtcl.so always points to the most recent version.  Do the same with
> libtk, tcl.h and tk.h.  That is what BSDI does.

This is what FreeBSD USED TO do.  This was removed, to the point that
either ports or world cannot be built if it is there.

> Just to let you know, pgaccess works fine under BSDI.  I use versions
> tcl7.5 and tk4.1.

After an all-night dash, it also works on FreeBSD, except (and I will nag
until someone answers :-) that pgaccess, in the query window, only appears
to process SELECTs correctly.  All others fail with ``syntax error''.