Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 20:12:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Clay D. Hopperdietzel" <hoppy@appsmiths.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   disklabel muncher

I had a cute one today.  I suppose that it has to do with some of the msdosfs
problems drifting about.

I had a floppy mounted in the 3-1/2, and just to be crappy, popped it out while
it was being read.  I expected a rude recovery, but...

Got a panic (couldn't see exactly what), and then when I came back up, my wd1
disk label was munched.  I have wd0, wd1, sd0.

Good thing I just wrote the label the other day, and I remembered where things
were left.  I was able to relabel it, and land on my feet.  Whew!

BTW I'm running something just before the 2.0.5 release.

Clay D. Hopperdietzel 					    hoppy@appsmiths.com
AppSmiths, Inc.                         Voice (713) 578-0154 Fax (713) 578-6182
15915 Katy Fwy, Suite 470                        Where do *I* Want to Go Today?
Houston, Texas  77094                                                  FreeBSD!