Date:      Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:10:58 +0200
From:      Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        Rostislav <rosti@tiltan-se.co.il>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Official ISOs

Hello, Rostislav!

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:41:53AM +0200, you wrote:

>    Hello there.
>
>    It's already known fact that some packages (samba for example) are
>    missing in official ISOs. So, is there any plans to reproduce the ISOs
>    or maybe release new 4.5.1 RELEASE version, like 4.1.1 some time
>    before?
As far as I remember the only reason for 4.1.1 was:

<cut from="http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.1.1R/notes.html">;
RSA Security has waived all patent rights to the RSA algorithm (two
weeks before the patent was due to expire).  As a result, the native
OpenSSL implementation of the RSA algorithm is now activated by
default, and the rsaref port and librsaUSA are no longer
required for USA residents.
</cut>

But I'd like to see all this KDE/samba/etc. missing fixed.

--
NEVE-RIPE