Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:58:22 +0200
From:      "Peter" <peter@hostmansion.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD update

I have read the book Absolute FreeBSD and browse the documentation . =
However
security announcements are only for the base system. When some sort of
library e.g libxml has bug and have to be patched. . In the Linux world
there apt-get or up2date that take care ALL UPDATES. So following this
article
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/08/28/FreeBSD_Basics.html
will that guarantee that EVERY package or port is up2date wilt my =
system. Is this
the best way to do it  ? I want to patch my system everyday. With debian =
or RedHat there is no need to go to vendors site - security =
NOTIFICATIONS  are sent to you directly by RedHat or Debian...=20

Thanks,

Peter