Date:      Tue, 5 Nov 2013 14:13:11 -0200
From:      William Grzybowski <william88@gmail.com>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc:        "Chad J. Milios" <milios@ccsys.com>, Freebsd ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, William Grzybowski <wg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is it or isn't it installed? (It is, but ports tries to again, doomed to fail.)

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de> wrot=
e:
> On 05/11/2013 14:55, Chad J. Milios wrote:
>> TLDR; check lines prefixed with ? in the transcript below.
>>
>> Ran into this over a couple weeks ago. Checked again with last night's p=
ortsnap, same problem, same ports. Figured I ought to pipe up about it. See=
ms like a good ol' classic mystery.

>> I don't know if it's just one instance of a general problem in the way d=
ependencies get detected and dispatched to be installed, maybe just in the =
python infrastructure, a bug in the net/py-kombu port (which my eyes couldn=
't find a problem with), or what. I looked into it for an hour before punti=
ng with a trivial workaround and moving on, didn't think much of it at the =
time, figuring it was just one of those temporary problems smarter minds ar=
e already hard at work fixing. Apparently they weren't or didn't. This time=
 I'm using a squeaky clean new amd64 9.2-RELEASE-p1 system (empty /usr/loca=
l then installing all ports from the same snapshot of /usr/ports).

>> ***How to reproduce:
>>
>> Just happen to already have the dependency devel/py-boto (py27-boto-2.14=
.0) or devel/py-pyzmq (py27-pyzmq-2.2.0) installed (and their port dirs sin=
ce cleaned up) when you try to install net/py-kombu (py27-kombu-3.0.1) from=
 ports with BOTO and/or ZMQ options. (In my case I have all its options on.=
)
>>     =3D=3D=3D>  Checking if devel/py-boto already installed
>> ?    =3D=3D=3D>   py27-boto-2.14.0 is already installed
>>           You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
>>           by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
>>           If you really wish to overwrite the old port of devel/py-boto
>>           without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTE=
R"
>>           in your environment or the "make install" command line.
>>     *** [check-already-installed] Error code 1
>>
>>     Stop in /usr/ports/devel/py-boto.
>>     *** [run-depends] Error code 1
>>
>>     Stop in /usr/ports/net/py-kombu.
>>     root@shikamaru:/usr/ports/net/py-kombu #
>>     Stop in /usr/ports/net/py-kombu.
>>     root@shikamaru:/usr/ports/net/py-kombu #
>
> That looks like the dependencies in net/py-kombu are broken. I.e. they
> refer to files that are not/no longer installed by the dependencies.

Did you get my email asking to try again after the last port update
fixing the dependencies?

--=20
William Grzybowski
Curitiba/PR - Brasil