Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:31:00 -0700
From:      Brendon Lloyd <brendonl@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE reboots.

I'm running three large ftp servers (300 users per server usually) on
freebsd 3.1. The frequency of their reboots seems dependent on the load
they're experiencing. For example: during our peak hours they reboot
once every hour at the least, but with low load (20 or so users) they
can stay up as long as a day. Maxusers has been set 128 to allow the
large amount of FTP processes and our ftp daemon is BeroFTPD run from
tcpserver. I've tried running BeroFTPD as standalone and wu-ftpd from
inetd and experienced the same problem. Any suggestions or help would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Brendon Lloyd
[brendonl@corp.netzero.net]