Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 2015 10:53:17 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Daniel <quite@hack.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting prefered ipv6 source address

Hello,

I'm using a gif0 tunnel for my ipv6 connectivity (he). The setup in
rc.conf
works fine, with an additional aliased IP. I would like this IP (which I
control the reverse dns for!) to be preferred as source addr, which I am
able
to do with:

  ifconfig gif0 inet6 $ipv6tunnelendpoint deprecated

(This is apparently undocumented, and I found out how to do it by knowing
about
preferred_lft of iproute2 on Linux. s/deprecated/pltime 0/ also works).

But how can I nicely squeeze this line into rc.conf, along with the tunnel
setup?