Date:      Tue, 28 May 2002 13:51:24 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Aaron Mildenstein <aaronm@orem.verio.net>
To:        Daniel Geske <danielgeske@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh root login

First, this is better put to the freebsd-questions mailing list.

Second, in /etc/ssh/sshd_config there is a line that reads:
PermitRootLogin no

Change that no to yes, kill -HUP your sshd processes, and you should be
able to log in as root via ssh.

By the way, this is set this way for security reasons.  Think about using
su or sudo rather than allowing root logins, perhaps.

Aaron Mildenstein
UNIX Systems Administrator
SME Hosting, NTT/Verio

__

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy
and taste good with ketchup."