Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 1997 11:58:14 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentuim or Pentuim Pro ?

Hi,

---
> 	I thought the TX was supposed to be better than the HX chipset.
only in the minds of intel sales reps...

---
> At any rate, is it better to get the new ASUS TX97 motherboards with the
> TX chipset or the HX?
hx.

---
>  Also, is the ATX form-factor the way to go or is
> the standard AT footprint still supported even for future motherboards?
> I'm thinking about getting another machine but didn't know if I should go
> the ATX route or not.  Like what are the advantages and disadvantages of
> ATX?

I really like the ATX, advantages include:

 all cards slots are full length
 onbaord serial/parallel connectors are on the MB, no cables.

disadvantasges:

 you need an ATX case, the selection of which is pretty dismal at this point.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by