Date:      Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:28:42 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: URGENT - Seems like i've been hacked... what to do now?

Whoah, baby, Whoah!!!

Do not fall for the idea that just because sshd has something to do with
encryption that it is in any way "secure"

sshd has just as much potential for being hacked into as telnetd.  If you
don't believe me then ask SSH corporation - they just announced a
vulnerability in their latest implementation of sshd.

Remember - all programs are insecure.  The only difference is whether or
not their vulnerabilities have been discovered yet.  If you really want
a totally secure computer then turn it off!!!