Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 15:59:06 +1000 (GMT+1000)
From:      Steve Gibson <steve@aries.interspace.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kerberos support for daemons

On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, John Fieber wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, Steve Gibson wrote:
>
> > 60% convinced to change the Linux box to FreeBSD. But what would tip the
> > scales is if there is any way to get my login type daemons (such as ftpd
> > and pop3d) to use kerberos for passwords. At present, users have two
> > different passwords. One for kerberos, and one for mail/shell etc.
> >
> > Do kerberized versions of these and other daemons exist, or, how hard is
> > it to recompile these daemons for kerberos password authentication?
>
> With the "freebsd native" kerberos telnet and rlogin accept both
> kerberos and local passwords, ftp doesn't.  You might check out
> the cygnus kerberos stuff (CNS), they have a pretty complete set
> of kerberized daemons including pop and ftp, but I'm not sure
> if/how you would get them outside the US.

Well, I can't get ANY kerberos stuff from the US, so I'm now looking at
hacking the daemons to use klogin.c from /usr/src/usr.bin/login/

Just one question, is there any info anywhere on klogin.c?

Thanks

                      Interspace Australia Pty Ltd
                   Steve Gibson - System Administrator
                       <steve@interspace.com.au>

             8 Boyd Street, West Melbourne, Australia 3003
                Ph +61 3 9329 9066   Fax +61 3 9329 1388