Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:59:30 -0500
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI problem with AHA2940 Bios 1.11

I'm still unable to boot 4.2-STABLE on a 2940 with the 1.11 bios
rev.

This is as of Friday's STABLE.  The screen flies by with what looks like
SCB parity error warnings.

After booting /kernel.old to single user (4.1-STABLE) I can reboot
and run on the /kernel -- as long as I don't power down.

This is a semi-production machine... I can test patches, but
the machine runs the site's backups so I'm unable to keep it down
over night -- so I can put patches in and test kernels for about 8
hours/day before I've got to leave it up for the night.

Any suggestions.

My laptop which also had this problem is working ok now... So it may
be AHC rev dependant.

Bill