Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:19:07 +0100
From:      "Chris J. Mutter" <cjm@terminal.sil.at>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Etherchannel support?

> I've been reading through the archives and found some discussion back in
> Feburary of 99 and then again in July about doing this using the netgraph
> library. The consensus at the time seemd to be that it could be done with
> netgraph but no one had.
>
> I'd very much like to be able to tie multiple interfaces together so I was
> wondering if anyone had done this yet? Or perhaps has some pointers in what
> would be involved in doing it myself?
>
> I need to do something akin to Channel Bonding in a beowulf system.

Hallo,

Have the same problem - I would need to bundle more than 2 ethernet
connections together (to bundle DSL lines) - _theoretical it should be
possible to use PPP/FrameRelay over Ethernet and then bundle it with
the netgraph multilink-ppp daemon.... but _practical_ ?

I think a netgraph HOWTO would be very useful for lots of people.

regards,
cjm
--
cjm@sil.at                                                  www.sil.at