Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:05:26 +0530 (IST)
From:      "G.B.Naidu" <gbnaidu@sasi.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, gbnaidu@sasi.com
Subject:   Memory leakage...

Hi,

I have been getting this error message on my FreeBSD 3.3 system:

swap_pager: Out of Swap space. After digging a little bit, we found that
there is a lot of memory leakage happening. This is how we went about
finding:

ps -aux for the process showed that vsz column was increasing very
fast. But the rss column was almost stable( was not changing much).

pstat -S also showed drastic fall in available swap space.

My question is what could be the reason for this drastic increase in vsz
column of ps -aux output? Is it because of unfreed malloced memory? Why
rss is stable? Somebody could help me when will the vsz(virtual
size) increases?

thanks a lot
--gb