Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:44:36 -0500
From:      root <root@what.ifelse.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Roadrunner, dhcp, FB 4.2-current

Hi,

Trying to get an ip from roadrunner, but no luck.
tcpdump shows the sending of the broadcast packet, but
that's where it ends. have enabled bpf and disabled
any firewalling that might be interfering. tried it with
an empty /etc/dhclient.conf file and with various options
that didn't seem to change anything.

I also have a mac, with which dhcp works great... almost
a crime it is so easy :) I watched in tcpdump which the mac
booted and got an ip. saw the initial request and an immediate
response.

I'm in Tampa, FL. If there is any other info I can provide,
please let me know.

Thanks for any info,

Bill