Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:07:22 -0800
From:      "oldfart@gtonet" <oldfart@gtonet.net>
To:        "freebsd-security@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Donation For Earthquake Relief Work

No, I'm not joking. While you have to go online to get mail you could also
visit the forum. Surely you do browse the web anyway? Think of the thousands
of e-mails that wouldn't have to be sent, only to be deleted anyway. I don't
subscribe to -stable, -current, -questions or -chat just because of the
wasted time deleting hundreds of posts that are of no interest. I'd like to
read them, and I surely can use the web-archive but as I already said you
have to send an e-mail to post. Just as modern browsers can remember logins
and passwords some also allow you to "work offline" IE and Netscape (the 2
most popular) at least, surely others. As for searching, IE and Netscape
also have a "find" (find in page or find on this page) feature. Welcome to
the 21st century.

I don't know that SPAM isn't a security concern. I don't want spammers on or
using my network. That's what this thread was about. Ways of dealing with
them. I certainly don't want to cross-post to -chat or any other list
whether I'm subscribed or not.