Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:54:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: buildworld across signal changes not quite right

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, David O'Brien wrote:

> > Thanks to Marcel's latest Makefile.inc1 changes (1.92), a -current
> > buildworld running on an older -current system now progresses much
> > further - in fact it now completes :-).
>
> Actually, I've been seeing just the opposite.
> Before you could build a -CURRENT kernel and then the world.  Now those
> with worlds from this past summer can't build today's world regardless
> of which of userland or kernel is built first.

The upgrade from -STABLE is also broken because of this.  The %expect stuff
is blowing up.  I haven't yet tried to see if building yacc and bison
manually fixes things or not.  I will tomorrow, when I have access to the
box, assuming my workload doesn't try to kill me first.  (I hadn't reported
it, because I haven't had time to investigate properly. )

David Scheidt