Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 06:43:17 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Timeout problems with ethernet pc-card (D-Link DFE-650)

Hiyas,

I have a fairly old IBM ThinkPad I Series (type 2511) and
a D-Link DFR-650 ethernet pc-card (it uses the new netgear
chipset I think)..

Anyway I have always had problems with this card before with
timeout messages but I used to get it to work with fa_select
under FreeBSD 4.2ish... So now I have just installed 4.4 and
I cant get it to work! :(

pccardd detects it and stuff, and is actualy able to initialise
it sort of.. Before under 4.2 ifconfig couldnt bring it up with
out fa_select bring run on it, but now it seems to bring it up
on its own (the lights stop flashing and the link light comes on)
but I still get "ed1 timed out" messages and obviously cant ping
anything... Hitting it with fa_select doesnt stop it from timing
out ether...

ifconfig seems to do something to it when it trys to bring it
up that stops fa_select from working properly on it..

Anyone have any ideas on what to do? Besides going back to 4.2?

Thanks!

p.s. Please CC replies to me as I am not subscribed to the mobile
list, thanks :)