Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:12:16 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
Cc:        Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH 2.2.0 / sftp support?

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 04:12:36PM +0100, Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> I don't know why it isn't in the base distribution, but you can
> find it in the ports tree: /usr/ports/ftp/sftp. The server itself
> is part of the base operating system.

This is GPL'ed code, and therefore not something we like to import
into the base system without good reason. Also, I don't even know if
it works with OpenSSH (OpenSSH doesn't currently include an sftp
client, only the sftp server). If it does, there might be reason to
import it so we provide a client as well as the server.

Kris

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr--