Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2007 20:25:27 +0200
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@alkar.net>
To:        Nikos Vassiliadis <nvass@teledomenet.gr>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ng_pptpgre problems: tcp connections reset unexpectedly

Nikos Vassiliadis wrote:
> I already have an mpd4 installation working,
> but had some problems using pptp with it. I will try again with
> the RC you just released.

It is released now. And if you will have there any problems, they must
be fixed before next release. So inform me.

>>I do not use pptp actively, to say for sure, but you can try to play
>>with such pptp options like delayed-ack, always-ack and windowing.

> 4)
>>        delayed-ack     disable
>>        always-ack      enable
>>        windowing       disable
>
> seem to work, sometimes it's not that easy to
> reproduce the problem.

>>Looking here I can see that it is your local machine (213.142.137.253)
>>sent "R" - Reset request just after normal acknowledge packet. I don't
>>see the reason for such it's behaviour.
>
> To complicate things a bit more sftp over the same the link works reliably
> (different sockopts?). http fails, ftp fails but sftp works as usual.
>
> Eventually a read(2) fails:
>   1794 fetch    CALL  read(0x3,0x8057730,0xd0)
>   1794 fetch    RET   read -1 errno 60 Operation timed out

Strange result IMHO for reading from TCP socket. I will try to
investigate this.

> It seems to work with disabled windowing. If you are interested in
> tracking down this, I would be glad to help.

I will try to look into it. If you will have some more interesting
results send them to me.

--
Alexander Motin mav@alkar.net
Optima Telecom