Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:23:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Robert Lindgren <robert@teledigit.se>
Cc:        jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: afterstep-1.0

Howdy,

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Robert Lindgren wrote:
> When is  Afterstep 1.4 available for FreeBSD, any ideas?

I'm actually working on a port of this.  AfterStep-1.4 contains _most_ of
the AS related apps (asfiles and ascp are not in yet).  However some stuff
is KNOWN to not work (in the apps) - in particular asrack and astuner both
won't work yet.  They are supposedly telling the authors of those apps to
make them less Linux-only reliant.  That being said I could submit 1.4 IF
I could get one more thing to happen... I am having trouble w/ the astrash
app.  It requires the libdnd but looks for the include files from
/usr/X11R6/include/OffiX, but the FBSD port puts them in
/usr/local/include/Offix and I can't figure out how to change the include
list in the Imakefile (I know just enough about imake to know I don't know
enough!).  If anyone can explain to me how to fix this I could submit the
port in about an hour or two.  I do know that if I manually go into the
created Makefile for astrash and add -I/usr/local/include/OffiX to the
ALLINCLUDES list I can get it to compile.  I just can't get the top level
Imakefile to put that in to all the subdir Makefiles...

Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

When you wake up in the morning
With the blues in your fingertips