Date:      Sun, 13 Jun 1999 14:17:18 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>
To:        Stephen <5tephen@linuxstart.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setup Sound Card

On Sun, Jun 13, 1999 at 11:50:08AM -0000, Stephen wrote:
> How to setup my Sound Blaster 16 pnp Sound card ?
> Please tell me Step by step !

The best advice I can give is to search the -questions mail archives
at www.freebsd.org. Not because I can't be bothered helping you,
but because this question has been asked so many times that just
about every problem you're likely to come across will be covered.

As a start, you need ``controller  pnp0'' in your kernel config
file. If your card doesn't have midi then use Luigi's pcm0 driver,
else you'll need to use the Voxware drivers (the sb??? devices) in
your kernel config file as well. Check out LINT (/usr/src/sys/i386/conf).
Finally you'll need to re-build your kernel.