Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 00:20:05 +0100 (WEST)
From:      Jose Gabriel Marcelino <gabriel@maquina.com>
To:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
Cc:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>, jgrosch@mooseriver.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@bafug.org
Subject:   Re: San Francisco Chronicle Discovers FreeBSD

Hi,

Yep, it's pretty strange they don't get noticed more around here. I think
I never saw one post from them on the FreeBSD lists.

> Other than that, they make it a big point that they use exclusively
> FreeBSD. In fact, that is how I got into FreeBSD: I use pair for several of

Yep, they're pretty cool guys. I remember they even let me do some fancy
DNS setup because I was (and still am) running FreeBSD servers :-)

> It made sense to develop and test the software locally, so I installed
> FreeBSD on my computer. And here I am. :)

It was the other way around for me, I was running FreeBSD when my company
needed a website and Pair with it's sweet bandwidth and all FreeBSD
servers was just the thing.

They also have a sweet engineered FreeBSD distribution based on
2.2.7-STABLE (upgrading to 3.4 soon) that seems well secured, with most
lower level system commands unavailable to the user.

--
Gabriel