Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:34:31 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   a bad sysinstall/useredit problem

I just tried to install a 4.0 snap on a machine with a 3com
netcard, this doesn't work, and whats worse I can't make it
work.

The problem is that the ex0 or ie0 driver, I'm not sure which,
hoses the 3com card such that the ep driver cannot read the
serial eeprom.

I used to be able to disable the ex0 and ie0 drivers in userconfig
but that is no longer possible it seems.

Anyone know enough about how userconfig works these days to fix this ?

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!