Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 16:02:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcpdump (tutorial?)

I don't know how others experience this: Whenever it comes to
some suspicion on net intruders or so I find me in reading
tcpdump's man page and I'm scratching head about the
syntax. Once learned to form a little script that
filters this and that it's laid away or lost
when the storm is over.

Next time same procedure. Uh, oh, what was again this tcpdump syntax
to watch that host for incoming and outgoing packets that do not
come from our local network and are not http port.

Is there a tutorial?

Has someone written down some typical 'security' examples?