Date:      Wed, 27 May 2009 15:29:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael L. Squires" <mikes@siralan.org>
To:        John B Scroggins <dataefx@charter.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building 7.2 Stable fails to compile  dtmalloc

I had a similar build error with 7.2-STABLE with a different error -
internal compiler error.

After updating and having buildworld fail in the same spot I completely
cleaned my /usr/obj and /usr/src directories (need "cd /usr/obj;chflags -R
noschg *;rm -rf *" for /usr/obj and then downloaded the sources again.

This time there were no problems compiling.  I don't know if the cause was
a hardware problem, a corrupted /usr/src, or a bug that was fixed by the
time I downloaded /usr/src.

This is hardware on which I've been compiling FreeBSD for some time, so my
guess is the corrupted /usr/src (given that there are no repots of a
similar error from other users).

Mike Squires
mikes at siralan.org