Date:      27 Jun 2002 08:51:18 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh question

Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net> writes:

> 	Ok, this is a really silly question, but besides using the
> 	"sshd -f
>
> config_file" way of forcing ssh to use your config file of preference,
> is there a setting in a file somewhere that SSHD looks at that tells

Possibly a compile time option.

> it to look at a particular config file by default?  Cause I'm not sure
> it's going to want to use my default config file
> "/etc/ssh/sshd_config" next time I reboot.  It's working right now
> using that file, but I want it to see that file each time

If you've upgraded openssh from ports, then in your rc.conf you need
the following line:

sshd_program="/usr/local/sbin/sshd"
sshd_flags="-f /etc/ssh/sshd_config"

This will use the sshd binary that the port installed (instead of the
base system one) and whatever config file you want.

> automatically when it first boots.  Any recommendations on how to fix
> this?  Or does it do that anyways even with the new version and I'm

See above.

> - The Raiden Knows

Truly? ;)

--