Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:06:18 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Total Lockup in X

Greetings,
I am running FreeBSD 4.0-release.  I recently installed xfree86-4
from ports.  All went well.  I had some mouse problems but
with list support and the FAQ, I seem to have gotten the mouse
working.  My problem is that when I move a window on the
screen (Hold left button down and drag), the system locks hard.
I can't get to any virtual terminals, no keystrokes are accepted
nada.  I have to power cycle the box.  Any ideas ?

BTW, there are no error messages that I can see.

thanks,
-Darryl