Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:20:31 -0800
From:      "Jeffrey J. Ayres" <JeffAyres@worldnet.att.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems during installation of XFree86

Hello,
        The last communication was concerning enabling the PS/2 mouse
was
successful.  The command -c at during the Boot, allowed disabling of the
device mse0 and enabling the device psm0. Exiting and saving with the
funtion key "q" saved the kernel settings.  However a new problem has
presented itself.  After enabling the xdm window manager using the
editor
(file /etc/ttys) with the command
ttyv4 "/usr/XR11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon" xterm on secure
entering root and typing
xdm -nodaemon
The window opens with only the upper left corner of the window showing
asking for the user id and password.  After entering my user id and
password, the window clears and another window appears with the computer
name, line number, and cursor.  The cursor doesn't blink, no keyboard
entries are accepted nor any mouse movement, in words the keyboard goes
dead.  In order to exit the program the power must be shut down.
        There are only two conflicts listed in the kernel config file,
both are
in the Input section, the psm0 device, which says conflict allowed and
the keyboard, the port addresses are very similar psm0 is 0x60-0x63 the
keyboard 0x60-0x60f.  Could this be the cause of the keyboard freezing
and if it is what changes should I make?  I am a novice so please be
specific.  How do you fix the X-Window System opening window so that it
isn't cut off in the middle of the page?

							Thanks,

								Jeff Ayres