Date:      Sun, 05 Jan 2003 21:23:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        grog@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Forged e-mails

In message: <20030106040539.GF71170@wantadilla.lemis.com>
            "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.ORG> writes:
: On Sunday,  5 January 2003 at 20:53:41 -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
: > It has come to my attention that an unknown party has been sending messages
: > to several of the FreeBSD mailing lists from the address "brettglass@ml1.net".
: > The messages are not mine; they're being sent from a bogus account on a
: > Webmail service known as FastMail. An abuse report has been filed with
: > that service. Until the account is disabled, kindly ignore all mail from
: > that address.
:
: *sigh* Brett, this is off-topic.  We've repeatedly asked you in the
: last few days not to send off-topic mail.  Please don't do it again.
:
: Yes, we realize that the mail is forged.  You're not exactly the only
: one who's had his name abused in this manner, and we're doing what we
: can to bring the perpetrator(s) to justice.

Actually, it isn't that off topic.  The forgery was a good one, so one
disclaimer is warranted.  Multiple ones aren't, of course, but a one
shot isn't that bad.

Warner