Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:21:52 -0700
From:      Axel Barnabas <axel@ucs.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ettercap segmentation fault....

Hello,

I have compiles ettercap from ports without incident. However, when I attem=
pt to run ettercap in any way, after a short while the program crashes and =
I am presented with an error message which is as follows:=20

=20
Ooops ! This shouldn't happen...
Segmentation Fault...

Please recompile in debug mode, reproduce the bug and send a bugreport

I have deinstalled and recompiled to program twice, yielding no results.=20
Some additional information which may be useful-

#pkg_info | grep ettercap
ettercap-gtk2-0.7.3_10,1 A network sniffer/interceptor/injector/logger for =
switched=20

#uname -a
FreeBSD  8.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE #0: Sat Nov 21 15:02:08 UTC 2009  =
   root@mason.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

If anyone wishes me to recompile in debug mode, you will have to tell me ho=
w; I am not familiar with the process.=20

Axel=