Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 20:12:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frankd@yoda.fdt.net>
To:        Yegor Sinelnikov <yegor@grn4.recyclenet.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: serial ports

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Yegor Sinelnikov wrote:

> I am still strugling with sio0 and sio1 ports. The irq and i/o address
> reported by BIOS seems to be correct and standard. But kernell does not
> recognise it:
>              sio0 not found at 0x3f8
>              sio1 not found at 0x2f8

Is this the stock kernel or a custom one? If it is a custom kernel, show
us your kernel config file. If this is the distribution kernel, check the
POST message for com port addresses and IRQ. COM1 (sio0) should be 0x3f8
and IRQ 4, COM2 (sio1) 0x2f8 and IRQ 3.

> Any suggestions? Comments?
>
> Bye
>      Yegor

Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House.    <unknown>