Date:      Sun, 19 Jun 2005 01:24:09 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   dhclient changes: ifconfig_sisXX="... DHCP" almost works right with natd

With the new dhclient arrangement, it looks like we almost support the
following syntax:

ifconfig_sis0="ether 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX DHCP"

In that the boot sequence appears to automatically try DHCP after doing
the ifconfig line.  This is great.  However, it looks like the detection
of interfaces to use "-dynamic" with in /etc/rc.d/natd no longer works.
Specifically, when I use the above syntax in rc.conf and run sh
/etc/rc.d/natd start, I get the following:

  natdnatd: sis0: cannot get interface address

If I manually launch natd with -dynamic, then it does work properly again.
If I remove the extended ether segment of the ifconfig line, it works
again also. So it looks like 'list_net_interfaced dhcp' isn't matching the
sis0 interface in the above example?

Robert N M Watson