Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 14:45:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        jrasins@mindspring.com (John W. Rasins)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dropped of the list?

John W. Rasins wrote:

> I just began receiving e-mail from the list again after re-subscribing to
> questions (I had been subscribed to several other lists).  I haven't
> received anything for the last two weeks.  Thought that majordomo was on
> holiday so I didn't bother checking into it.  But now it looks as though I
> was just dropped off of the list.  Does this happen?  Anyone else
> experience this?  Any explanations?

	"majordomo" just hates to get bounced mail.  so much so,
	that 30 bounces in one day (more or less depending on its
	mood) from the same address and majordomo refuses to send
	you any more mail.  majordomo unsubscribes you.  i have
	asked Doug Lenat and Thomas Ray to look into the matter
	(this is one reason for the long delay in upgrading to
	majorodmo-1.94--we dont want to kill a possible new lifeform.
	look for a write up in the Santa Fe Institute publications.

	Please dont bounce mail that majordomo sends to you.
jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/