Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:02:47 -0500
From:      Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 5.x kernel config changes?

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

In a message written on Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:55:50PM -0500, John Baldwin=
 wrote:
> > 3) There seems to be no more LINT or other listing of all the options.
> >    Why?  In particular I needed "options NETATALK" but couldn't remember
> >    the name and there was no file to quickly grep.  Has the list of=20
> >    options been moved somewhere else?
>=20
> sys/conf/NOTES and sys/<arch>/conf/NOTES

I'll reply to this message although I got this from three other people
privately.  All pointed me towards /usr/src/UPDATING, and for reference:

20000621:
     Scott Flatman <sf@aracnet.com> sent in a decent write-up on
     the config file update procedure.
          http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/config-upd.html
     NOTE: LINT is gone.  It has been replaced with NOTES.  NOTES
     isn't buildable.  However, you can generate a LINT file:
     cd /sys/<ARCH>/conf && make LINT

So I looked in sys/i386/conf/NOTES which, well, had nothing of interest
in it.  Turns out the things I needed are in sys/conf/NOTES since it has
been split.

Someone with a commit bit should update the comment in UPDATING to say
NOTES is now in two parts as well. :)

Other than that, thanks much, I'm off to be a happy 5.x user now.

--=20
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI