Date:      Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:55:06 +0200
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Christopher Nehren <apeiron+usenet@coitusmentis.info>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: p5-POE-Component-IRC maintainer AWOL; no MX record for domain, domain's port 25 is refused.

--=-LvDJ/kyrkoFiliIA01wX

Christopher Nehren p=ED=B9e v =FAt 05. 04. 2005 v 20:42 +0000:

> I've prepared an update for p5-POE-Component-IRC bringing it into this
> year (the last update was about two years ago, in 8/2003). The last
> update that the maintainer made was also their only update -- bringing
> it up to 2.6. Every update since then (aside from a pkg-comment removal)
> has seen a maintainer timeout and has been contributed by Mathieu
> Arnold. What's the proper procedure in a situation like this? I can't
> contact the maintainer because their host
>=20
> 1. doesn't have any MX records at all (*sigh*)
> 2. doesn't even accept connections on port 25 (refusing them)

The only viable solution is to reset maintainership of his ports.
Which I just did.

> I would be glad to step up as maintainer of the port, if no one has any
> objections.

Send-pr your update and state your intent to maintain the port there.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

Just because you're an angel doesn't mean you have to be a fool.

--=-LvDJ/kyrkoFiliIA01wX

--=-LvDJ/kyrkoFiliIA01wX--