Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:45:09 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Henry Whincup <henry@techiebod.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape drive problems

>Forwarded to scsi due to no answer on questions.
>
>As an extra data point I have now tried the same drive and controller in
>another machine with no irq sharing.

Have you tried a different tape?  From the dump, it appears that the
transfer has completed, but that the tape drive has not changed
phase to complete the command.  If there is a media error and our
timeout is set shorter than the retry timeout on the drive, you'll
get these kinds of errors.

--
Justin