Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:25:58 +0300
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        "Ian Barnes" <ian@cerebellum.za.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: http proxy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Barnes" <ian@cerebellum.za.net>
Newsgroups: lucky.freebsd.questions
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 4:27 PM
Subject: http proxy

> where can i set it up so that when i install something from the ports (i.e
> make install), it will go through a http proxy? i have tried setting it in
> /etc/make.conf ... but nothing.

If you are talking about environment variables for the fetch(1), then
I want to say, that sometime fetch(1) works via proxy sometime
it doesn't (it was on my system in LAN). So, whn fetch(1) failed,
I downloaded needed files with lynx, wget, links, whatever and
put them in the /usr/ports/distfiles directory.