Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 19:28:14 -0400
From:      "Greg Hormann-GJ/PGI" <hormann.gj@pg.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   checksum for win98 and FreeBSD

Bit of an odd question.  I need to develop a process for transferring Files from
Win98 boxes to FreeBSD machines.  (e.g FTP) Business requirements dictate that
the users must be able to verify that the transferred file is exactly the same
as the source.  My first thought was do run a checksum problem on both files and
verify the results match.

Questions:

1) Anybody have a better (not too expensive) solution.

2) Anybody know of a cheep checksum program for Win98 that will produced results
compatible with a checksum program on FreeBSD?

Thanks,

Greg.