Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:40:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@iquest.net>
To:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu, dfr@nlsystems.com, dyson@iquest.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serious bug in vm_page.h in current

Garrett Wollman said:
> <<On Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:41:07 -0400 (EDT), I wrote:
>
> > This sounds very much like it could be related to the lockup Matt
> > Dillon and I have been seeing.  I just rebooted newsswitch with this
> > change in it; I should know by the end of the day whether it had
> > any effect.
>
> newsswitch has been up for more than nine hours now, which is longer
> than it had been lasting.  I'll give it a full day before proclaiming
> success, though.

Yep, I did provide some info to Matt about this a few days ago, and I
suspect that we would let me know if there were NEW problems.  If this
fixes it, it is indeed amazing how subtile some parts of the system
are.

I am really hoping that someone really does "get their arms" around
the VM/VFS_BIO code -- and I am willing to help them as needed.  The
VM code is something that is tricky, even if you understand it.

Also, IMO, the more people willing to become a/the VM czar, the
better!!!

dyson@iquest.net      | it makes one look stupid