Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 10:04:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Paul MacKenzie <elephant@cgocable.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Script for dhcp-2.0b1p10 for FREEBSD 2.2.5

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Paul MacKenzie wrote:
> 1) the dhclient-script for FREEBSD in /etc has an error in it... for
> freebsd right from the start - it says expected end of file on line xxx. I
> tried to modify it but am not sure if I correctly did so

Well my laptop is at home right now but it is happily using the ISC
dhcp client.  Same release.  No errors reported.  dhclient-script
does not get run directly, it is called by dhclient.

> 2) the dhclient.conf file does not exist. I copied the file from the
> install directory and tried to manually change it, but I had no real success..

Aside from some rather obvious changes (domain search) the example
should work in most cases.

Make sure you have dhclient starting up at boot time and have
dhclient-script and dhclient.conf in /etc

Holler if you have more specific questions.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com