Date:      Thu, 11 May 1995 08:48:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: No speech toys for audio?? :-)

> It just occurred to me - we've no way of even having the sound blaster
> speak to you!  Back in 1.x, I brought in a speaking "big ben" clock
> that actually worked pretty well, but it seems to have been lost in
> the sands of time..  Anyone got a pointer to it, or better yet, a
> fully functional text-to-speach converter that works with /dev/audio?

While we are on the topic of audio: please consider /dev/pcaudio
when making the kernel for the release.  Better than nothing, for
those who don't have an audio card.

	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522