Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 20:19:39 -0400
From:      SteveC8273@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hard Driver Problem

Dear FreeBSD friends:
     I got some problem to solve when I tried to install FreeBSD to my
system.
     My computer is a 80486 66MHz compatible.  It has 20 MB RAM and a Maxtro
7850AV hard disk.  The spec of HD is:
     CYL         HD           WP             LZ          SEC        SIZE
     1654         16            65535         1654        63          814MB

      I tried to install FreeBSD to my computer several times alread.  Every
time, it gave me an worrening message: " Calculated sectors per
cylinder(3616) disagrees with disk label(2016).
     Also, the disk geometry it reconized when it tried to do the partition
is:
     827 cyls / 32 heads / 63 sectors

     Offset    size         end          name     ptype     desc      subtype
  flags
      0          63            62            - -           6         unsed
      0
      63        1667169    1667231   wd0si      3         freeBSD   165

      Disk:wd0 Partition name: wd0s1     Free: 0 blocks(0MB)
      PART            MOUNT             SIZE                 NEWFS
       wd0s1a            /                    32MB                UFS Y
       wd0s1b         <none>             51MB                SWAP
       wd0s1e            /var                30MB                UFS Y
       wd01f               /usr               700MB               UFS Y

       Does the above infomation make any sense to you?   Would it cause any
problem in the furture?

                                                                    Steve