Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 16:24:06 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        malenovi@cview.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Subject:   Re: is ppp-2.1.2 port available?

 * I asked if pppd 2.1.2 has been ported :( duh, I obviously
 * screwed up. I realize that 2.1.2 IS is ported. I was actually
 * looking for something else :)
 *
 * I need ppp with -persist option. the scenario is simple - I
 * dial up, my machine goes down, but my connection doesn't - when
 * I restart ppp I want it to renegotiate and simply continue
 * without dropping the carrier and redialing.
 *
 * is this too much to ask? :-)))))))))))))))))))))
 *
 * any pointers?

Yes, it's too much to ask us.  The freebsd-ports list is for the ports
collection.  As pppd is in the main source tree, you should probably
try freebsd-current.

Satoshi