Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 2020 12:29:43 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Technological advantages over Linux

--ryJZkp9/svQ58syV

Ihor Antonov wrote:

[dd]

>=20
> Basically docker "image" is just collection of layers.=20
> When you work on the dockerfile and
> rebuild it regularly - you don't want to rebuild parts that have not
> changed. And so docker came up with the idea of image layers. Each
> command in Dockerfile creates a layer. And if you did not touch that
> specific line in dockerfile - layer will be re-used
> When you are finished - your "image" is just a resulting set of layers.
> (overly simplified, but the gist of it)=20

This is what the current FreeBSD jail system is lacking. At best, jail
management systems like ezjail offer two layers: the base jail and the
overlay jail.

This is AFAIK. If someone is better informed please correct me.

--=20
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

--ryJZkp9/svQ58syV